Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall Trend Watch Day 4: Classic Cashmere

Looking for some luxury in your life?

Check out Tess & Carlos, the beautiful, new high-end boutique in Pittsford where you will find today's fall trend in abundance:  classic cashmere.

Cashmere NEVER goes out of style.  Like ever (to quote Taylor Swift).  This fall, like many falls before, cashmere is back and better than ever before.  More detail, more modern cuts, this season's cashmere sweater is a wardrobe must-have.

I fell in love with this Kokun sweater when I saw it in the window of Tess & Carlos last week:


I had to try it on (with a tank and scarf of course).  Simple, easy style that you can wear year after year?  Yes, please.  The finest, softest cashmere that has ever graced this skin of mine?  The perfect cut and weight?  All in an easy to match with everything I own charcoal?  Sold!  Now just picture this ensemble with the riding boots I featured on Tuesday...  Ah-mazing!  I'm getting excited, are you?

Kokun sweater $475, Majestic tank $105, Franco Ferrari scarf $625
The next sweater I decided to try was this Margaret O'Leary cashmere cardigan.  It was heavenly.  Not only is it uber-high quality, but the cut is so modern and fashion forward.  I liked it half buttoned, but it can also be worn open like a jacket, or get ready, get ready: buttoned all the way up as a turtleneck.  So versatile and gorgeous!

Margaret O'Leary cardigan $495, Majestic tank $105

Tess & Carlos made me feel like I was back in NYC.  It is great to have accessibility to these high-end boutique brands right here in Rochester.  These aint your grandma's sweater sets, they are a modern and fresh take on cashmere; the epitome of downtown chic and comfortable, effortless luxury.  

If you are going to splurge this fall, why not invest in a classic cashmere sweater from Tess & Carlos?  Your wardrobe will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment