Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Luxe Spa

I've never been one to turn down some pampering, so when Rochester A-List asked me to go to Luxe Spa to check out their amenities and try their signature facial, I immediately said "yes."
Luxe Salon, Spa and Laser Center is HUGE!  When I checked in, I was pleasantly surprised by how welcoming, and large the space was.  They offer a full service salon, private conference room for parties/large groups/special events, and a peaceful inner sanctuary where they conduct all of their spa treatments.

I couldn't wait to slip on one of their comfy robes and let the pampering begin.
The decor is tranquil and nurturing; the staff pleasant and accommodating.

While waiting for my service, I listened to the trickling sound of this fountain and sipped my orange-infused water.  
 
I had my pick of cozy and comfortable spaces.
Christie was my esthetician and an absolute doll.  She made sure I had everything I needed and was very knowledgeable.  During my consultation, she was very thorough and changed out the products she had intended to use based on my sensitive skin and told me she wouldn't used the steamer on me, because that would only make my skin more sensitive.  Who knew?!  I've had plenty of facials, but I have to say, I have never experienced anyone more attentive to my needs than Christie.  She comes HIGHLY recommended, especially if you have sensitive skin.

After our consultation I got to try the "SkinScope."  This was so cool, and the first time I had had my skin analyzed in this manner.  This technology actually reveals problems beneath the surface of the skin.  It allows you to see damage that your skin has suffered from sun, aging, dehydration, excess oils and cellular build up.  This machine allows your esthetician to see your skin's moisture level, oil level, pore size, wrinkle depth, elasticity, sensitivity, and transparency from sun damage so that they can tailor your products and service to fully meet the needs of your skin.  Talk about personalized service!

Behold my imperfections as seen by the SkinScope:
Between the advanced technology of the Skin Scope and Christie's expertise, my facial was truly exceptional.  It began with cleansing, double exfoliation, and extractions, included a massage of my neck, shoulders and decollete, and finished with a custom blended mask and moisturizer.  When it was over, my skin felt fabulous, I had zero irritation, and I left there feeling relaxed, rejuvenated, and energized.
I highly recommend Christie for your next service.  With beautiful amenities and gracious and knowledgable staff, don't you think it's time for a little Luxe in your life?

And while you're there, check out Posh Boutique for unique gifts and trendy accessories and be on the look out for more locally-made products.  They are looking to bring in more work of local designers and artisans.  Nothing like being able to #shoplocal and #spalocal all under one roof!
Go ahead and book your service today, and be sure to tell them The Fashionista sent you. ;)

xoxo

Jenny
The Flower City Fashionista

1 comment: